UKSDM Future Plans:
To Establish Entrepreneurship Development Centres in Uttarakhand.
To start courses of NSQF-Level 5 and above.
To start Training of Trainers(TOT) practice in terms of Skill Development.
To review Skill Gap Analysis after every three years.
Achievement of UKSDM:
- MOU executed with 22 Sector Skill Council (SSC).
- After due scrutiny of application ,120 Training Partners were empaneled for Conduct of Skill Development Training.
- State level exhibition organized of models/ products made by trainees, on 29th June 2016 for celebrating “World Youth Skill Day”.
- Walkathon with collaboration of The Time of India was organized to celebrate the day of World Youth Skillon15th July 2016.
- Started Skill Development Initiative Scheme (SDIS) of Vocational Training Provider (VTP).
· UKSDM organized NSQA workshop at Haldwani with NSDA & ADB.
- The Mission has achieved and even moved beyond its target to skill 10000 youth of Uttarakhand for the year 2016-17. Currently UKSDM is skilling more than 12000 youth of Uttarakhand.
- Total registered youth with UKSDM are 29183, out of those 12,000 youths are getting skilled through 127 training providers 429 batches across 31 sectors to enable them for wage employment or for self-employment.
- Females have excelled over the males with a participation rate of 56 % over male participation of 44 %.
- Signed MOU with various Sector Skill Councils to offer trainings in various market linked skill training programs.
- UKSDM started batches for Nari Niketan Dehradun and for jail inmates in district Jail Dehradun, Haridwar, Haldwani and Sitarganj.
- Mission launched its vital mobile app “KUSHAL UTTARAKHAND”. This mobile application can be downloaded by mobile user by simply clicking link on www.uksdm.orgor Google Play Store and further using the instruction provided on app.
- “Training Information Portal “launched by UKSDM to collect skill related information on its website.
- Started “Earn while you Learn scheme” with Tata institute of social sciences for youth of Uttarakhand.
Highlights of the Training Programme
i. Courses under Modular Employable Scheme (MES) of Skill Development Initiative Scheme (SDIS) and Sector Skill Councils (SSC)
ii. Minimum training duration will be 200 Hrs. and minimum 4 Hrs. daily.
iii. Soft Skills, I.T. and Entrepreneurship Training with every sector/module 20Hrs. each.
iv. Third party assessment and National Council of Vocational Training / Sector Skill Councils.
v. Non-resident trainees of the Development Block/Nagar Palika/ Nagar Nigam/Cantonment Board where training is being conducted will be offered a residential allowance of Rs. 2500/- at the end of each training.
vi. 70% Placement in private sector to successfully certified trainees within three months of completion of batch. At least 50% of the trainees passing out being place in wage employment. Self-employment will be linked to bank loan.
vii. Real time Biometric attendance facility supervised with inspection by Monitoring Officers (District Employment Officers), Training information available on Android app.
Last year youth aspiration as captured by the UKSDM registration portal, shows that majority of youths have preferred for training in IT sector, Hospitality, Retail and Medical Nursing. Accordingly, in the pilot phase, UKSDM started the Skill training programme in 12 sectors for 2034 enrolled youth. These Skill trainings were given by 33 Private training partners in 68 batches. The training of these batches is over and the assessment and placement is in progress. The UKSDM has a mandate that the Training partner has to ensure placement for 70% of the passed students. The payment to the training partners is spread across 4 tranches.
25% - Inception (25%)
35% - Assessment (payment under process)
25% - Placement
15% - Tracking for 6 months.
Regular monitoring is being done at district level by the Employment Officers.
- The State is supporting the Uttarakhand Skill Development Mission by its own resources, for the Financial Year 2016-17 a sum of Rs. 10 Cr. has been allocated.
- Use of government infrastructure for training by private partners and using private infrastructure: -
- The society plans to take-up training activities using government infrastructure with the help of private training partners
- The society will upgrade the infrastructure of government institute as required
- 20% of the training cost will be provided to government institute
- Technical Education Department is running Electronics Sector
- Development Mission – Training using this model.
- For the sectors in which government infrastructure is not available
- Training centers of private partners can be used. NCVT-MES guidelines will be used to approve the center.